Do you have a great idea for a workshop or class?
Teaching Artist Application & Class Proposal Form
Thank you for your interest in joining the Stillwater Center for the Arts as a teaching artist! Â The mission of this organization is to enrich the community by encourage creativity by providing high quality art education and experiences to the public. We select our instructors based on skill and so that we may meet the publicâ€™s needs and wants.
At a minimum, we expect potential instructors to have a passion for art and some teaching experience. Although we prefer instructors who have a degree in an art-related discipline, experience as an artist also counts! Teaching artists who are able to design classes that employ the Oklahoma Standards for Fine Arts: Visual Arts guidelines are especially welcome.
For new instructors, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for 2 references
- Portfolio of work (or url for website with your work and/or work of students)
- Class/workshop proposal form
- For Fall classes (September-November), no later than July 15.
- For Winter classes (December-February), no later than September 15.
- For Spring classes (March-May), no later than January 15
- For Summer classes (June-August), no later than February 15.
All applications/proposals will be reviewed by the SCA education/programming committee.
Please fill out your application online or send to:
Arts Education Coordinator
Stillwater Center for the Arts
Multi Arts Building
1001 S Duck Street
Stillwater, OK 74047
Your application may also be submitted as a pdf to: infoSCA@okstate.edu