Stillwater Center for the Arts Program & Community Engagement Manager
The new Stillwater Center for the Arts (SCA), an Oklahoma State University/City of Stillwater partnership, is seeking a Program & Community Engagement Manager. The SCA is housed in the Multi Arts Building, a 14,000 square foot building with areas for painting and drawing, photography, ceramics, jewelry-making, sculpture, and fiber arts. The SCA is dedicated to providing high quality public art programming and experiences for all ages.
Stillwater is a community in northeastern Oklahoma with a population of 48,000.
The Program and Community Engagement Manager:
- Oversees the planning, implementation and assessment of the SCA's educational
- Ensures that the programs and services offered by the Stillwater Center for the Arts contribute to the organization's
- Collaborates with the Director and staff at the OSU Museum of
- Monitors the delivery of the programs and events of the SCA to maintain or improve
- Provides regular program reports to
- Serves as Chair or Co-chair of Programming
- Assists the Education Coordinator in recruiting, interviewing and selecting teaching and program staff who have the teclu1ical and personal abilities to help further the mission of the Stillwater Center for the
- Works with the Education Coordinator to ensure that all teaching and program staff receives an orientation to the Stillwater Center for the Arts
and that appropriate safety training is completed. Assists the Director in supervising all teaching and SCA staff.
- Assists the Director on program-related sponsorships, grants and contributions.
- Keeps the Director apprised of ongoing program related budget
- Manages the budget and resources in a responsible manner and follows the strategic business
- Serves on specific fundraising event committees, as
This is a full-time position with benefits. The Program and Community Engagement Manager reports directly to the Director and is responsible for the successful leadership and day-to-day management of the programs at the SCA. A BA or BFA in an art-related field and 3-5 years in arts administration are required for this position. A MA or MFA in an art related field and 3-5 years in arts administration in a leadership position are preferred. The successful candidate will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. The hours are 9:30-6:30 M-F, with occasional overtime on weekends and evenings.
Submit application letter, resume, and contact information of three references online at: https://jobs.okstate.edu by July 19, 2017 for full consideration.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. If assistance is needed, contact OSU Human Resources at (405) 744-7401. The position is contingent upon available funding.
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity / EÂ verify employer committed to diversity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected category. OSU is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. OSU will not discharge or in any other mam1er discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions caiu1ot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.